I'm so excited because you started gymnastics this past Wednesday. You've been wanting to go since last year!! But the winter classes began a little to close to the end of Christmas and birthdays so you had to wait for the summer classes. So I signed you up for the 3-4 year old class at Upstate Gymnastics.
Since the day I mentioned that I had signed you up you've asked non-stop if it's time to go to gymnastics. And once there you could not wait for your class to begin!! And you were extremely excited when we went to buy your leotard. It's pink and and it's an XXS. Daddy surprised us by stopping by and was able to watch the first twenty minutes.
Funny story: the instructor got everyone in a circle to warm up. You did all kinds of stretches and eventually she wanted you to warm up your wrists. This consisted of "rolling up tacos" to which you responded, "I don't like tacos!!" You still did it though :-) Oh, and when they opened the gate to let your class in you went straight to the mini trampoline and started jumping. You're so funny!!
You did great!! I was so proud of how well you listened to each of your instructors. You tried really hard to do exactly what they told you to do. Plus it made me so happy to see you having so much fun and making some new friends. You were put in a group with three other kids - Gracie, Anna, and Drew. We actually saw Anna the next day at 'Mother Goose is on the Loose' at the library. Her mommy invited us to a playgroup next Tuesday at Sertoma and hopefully we'll be able to go!
I can't wait to take you back next week :-)
...........................................................................................................................................
And before I close and add all of your cute little pictures, I want to talk about how sweet and fun you are. You're always singing songs that you've made up and laughing at your own jokes and stories :-)
You love Samuel so much and you're such a sweet big sister. When he's having trouble climbing onto the furniture you'll come over and push his booty until it makes it up. The other night in the tub Samuel swallowed too much water and started crying. You immediately jumped up and asked me for a wash cloth. I asked why and you looked at me and said, "I have to wipe my Sammy's face." How could I say no to that? So I handed you the cloth and you gently wiped his little face. It makes me so very happy to see you two playing together, hugging, and holding hands.
You're writing more and more every day and can draw some awesome stick figures! You can write 'Mama' and 'Papa' without any help. You also do an excellent job at writing 'E', 'I' and 'T'. I'm so proud of you!!
I love you so much! You are the sweetest and most beautiful little girl I know!!!
Love forever,
Mommy
anxiously waiting for your class to begin
After warm-up your class was broken up into 4 groups of four. There were four stations so after so many minutes you rotated to the next station.
Station 1 was the bars. This was your best station. First you would just hang there. The second time you were supposed to touch your knees to your nose which you did perfectly. And last you were supposed to put your toes on the bar. Again, no problem!!
Station 2 was mat exercises and the balance beam. I couldn't see how you did on the mat but you were awesome walking across the balance beam.
The third station was the vault. You guys were supposed to run up to the vault and jump on it twice before climbing up onto this really thick beam. None of you jumped, you just started climbing!!
Station 4 was my favorite and your second best station. There was a little "obstacle course". You had to tumble down a mat (you did a perfect tumble by the way!), walk across different sized padded stones, twirl ribbons while walking across a little balance beam, jump on the mini trampoline and finish in the birds nest (which you were GREAT as well!!)
The class ended with everyone getting in a circle, putting their arms around each other and singing a song. You got a purple bunny stamp on your hand and a picture to take home and color. You've already colored your picture and we've hung it (hanged it?) on your door.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.