Hey Sweet Little Girl,
Sorry it's been forever and then some since the last time I've written. We've just been busy - even though it seems like we're involved in less activities. Weird.
But anyway! Let's get updated on what you've been up to. You love to color and write. You're constantly drawing us pictures and I've made a spot on the refrig for them with a little placard that says 'Picasso and Van Gogh'. The evolution of your drawings is amazing. At first everyone looked like fat 'A's' with some arms and eyes. Then everyone was huge bubbles with even bigger hands and feet. Now everyone is fairly proportionate with hands, feet, eyes and hair. Yesterday you drew a picture capturing our recent balloon debacle at Wal-Mart. (You know...the one where I recommended you leave your shiny new blue balloon in the car but you insisted on taking it into Wal-Mart while we got groceries. I warned you not to let it go - which you did when we arrived in the dairy section. It hit the ceiling and popped so loud that it sounded like a gunshot. We scared everyone within a 2 mile radius of us. You preceded to cry for what seemed like 15 min. b/c your beloved balloon busted.) So anyway, back to my original story. You drew a picture of you sitting in a grocery cart holding a blue balloon. It was an awesome picture and I plan to put it in your baby book.
You know all of your "mama letters" and now we've started learning the "baby letters." You're getting pretty good at it too. You also know all of your numbers to 20. I love how fast you learn and how much you want to learn!! You're a little sponge!! Your new favorite show on PBS Kids is Dinosaur Train. It's really cute and has some catchy songs. I have to admit that I like it too!!
Recently I took you to Shoe Show to measure your feet and just look at and price shoes for this winter. While I was looking you found the cutest pair of brown Mary-Janes with flowers on them. You never fussed to have them and willingly put them back in the box when I said it was time to go. I saw how much you liked them and Papa had just given me some money so I made the decision to buy them for you. You love them!!! You would wear them everywhere if I let you!! You're such a girly girl - you're going to like purses and shoes just as much as I do!!
Today we took Papa to his physical therapy appointment and then to see his neurosurgeon. He got the last of his staples out today and you were very interested in seeing that!! You stood on the table beside Papa and watched as Dr. Gardner removed the staples. You were so fascinated and looked at me and said, "He's pulling Papa's hair out!!" Dr. Gardner thought that was funny and explained what he was really doing and showed you a staple.
Tomorrow we're going to the Fancy Nancy Tea Party at Chick-fil-A. We're both so excited. It's just going to be me and you. We already have your dress picked out and you're going to take your little gold purse. You're planning to put your hair up in a bun too. You're going to be so fancy and adorable (but what's new?) Tomorrow Daddy & I are also surprising you with a trip to the movies. After Chick-fil-A we're coming home for lunch and naps. Then we're going to Greenville so I can get my bride maid dress. While we're there we're going to eat supper and take you and Sammy to see 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." We just checked that book out from the library last week and then we saw the commercial for the movie!! You looked at me and said, "But it's not really like the book." It probably won't be but it'll still be fun because it's been a while since we've been out to eat and to the theater.
I'm so sorry that I haven't made more of an effort to have just mommy/daughter time with you lately. But I plan for us to do more together this fall. We're going to go to Mommy & Me at Chick-fil-A and then we're going to go to the library for Story Time in October. Sammy & I are going to go to Mother Goose is Loose at the Library but I feel like he probably needs more one on one time with Daddy :-)
I love you sweetie! You are the best daughter in the world and I'm so very thankful that you're my sweet little Hannah. You're beautiful and smart and I can't imagine my life without you!!
Forever your,
Mommy
Sorry it's been forever and then some since the last time I've written. We've just been busy - even though it seems like we're involved in less activities. Weird.
But anyway! Let's get updated on what you've been up to. You love to color and write. You're constantly drawing us pictures and I've made a spot on the refrig for them with a little placard that says 'Picasso and Van Gogh'. The evolution of your drawings is amazing. At first everyone looked like fat 'A's' with some arms and eyes. Then everyone was huge bubbles with even bigger hands and feet. Now everyone is fairly proportionate with hands, feet, eyes and hair. Yesterday you drew a picture capturing our recent balloon debacle at Wal-Mart. (You know...the one where I recommended you leave your shiny new blue balloon in the car but you insisted on taking it into Wal-Mart while we got groceries. I warned you not to let it go - which you did when we arrived in the dairy section. It hit the ceiling and popped so loud that it sounded like a gunshot. We scared everyone within a 2 mile radius of us. You preceded to cry for what seemed like 15 min. b/c your beloved balloon busted.) So anyway, back to my original story. You drew a picture of you sitting in a grocery cart holding a blue balloon. It was an awesome picture and I plan to put it in your baby book.
You know all of your "mama letters" and now we've started learning the "baby letters." You're getting pretty good at it too. You also know all of your numbers to 20. I love how fast you learn and how much you want to learn!! You're a little sponge!! Your new favorite show on PBS Kids is Dinosaur Train. It's really cute and has some catchy songs. I have to admit that I like it too!!
Recently I took you to Shoe Show to measure your feet and just look at and price shoes for this winter. While I was looking you found the cutest pair of brown Mary-Janes with flowers on them. You never fussed to have them and willingly put them back in the box when I said it was time to go. I saw how much you liked them and Papa had just given me some money so I made the decision to buy them for you. You love them!!! You would wear them everywhere if I let you!! You're such a girly girl - you're going to like purses and shoes just as much as I do!!
Today we took Papa to his physical therapy appointment and then to see his neurosurgeon. He got the last of his staples out today and you were very interested in seeing that!! You stood on the table beside Papa and watched as Dr. Gardner removed the staples. You were so fascinated and looked at me and said, "He's pulling Papa's hair out!!" Dr. Gardner thought that was funny and explained what he was really doing and showed you a staple.
Tomorrow we're going to the Fancy Nancy Tea Party at Chick-fil-A. We're both so excited. It's just going to be me and you. We already have your dress picked out and you're going to take your little gold purse. You're planning to put your hair up in a bun too. You're going to be so fancy and adorable (but what's new?) Tomorrow Daddy & I are also surprising you with a trip to the movies. After Chick-fil-A we're coming home for lunch and naps. Then we're going to Greenville so I can get my bride maid dress. While we're there we're going to eat supper and take you and Sammy to see 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." We just checked that book out from the library last week and then we saw the commercial for the movie!! You looked at me and said, "But it's not really like the book." It probably won't be but it'll still be fun because it's been a while since we've been out to eat and to the theater.
I'm so sorry that I haven't made more of an effort to have just mommy/daughter time with you lately. But I plan for us to do more together this fall. We're going to go to Mommy & Me at Chick-fil-A and then we're going to go to the library for Story Time in October. Sammy & I are going to go to Mother Goose is Loose at the Library but I feel like he probably needs more one on one time with Daddy :-)
I love you sweetie! You are the best daughter in the world and I'm so very thankful that you're my sweet little Hannah. You're beautiful and smart and I can't imagine my life without you!!
Forever your,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.