Sorry it's been so long since I've written you a letter! Mommy is a slacker I know.
We've been rather busy this year. Then again, we're always busy! We had a fun Christmas and you & Sammy got so many fun toys. You got an awesome kitchen set, some new 'My Little Ponies' and a ton of movies.
******
On January 1, 2010 you turned 4. You're 4 years old! I can't believe how fast you're growing. I blink and you're taller. I turn around and your hair is longer! Stop it! Stop growing so fast!! :-)
We had a party for your b-day. You chose 'My Little Pony' as your theme and M you another beautiful cake. Anna, Mattie, Hiss June madeayden & Heidi, Lily, Emily & Lee and our family came to your party. It was so much fun. We had a pinata and Mommy & Daddy surprised you with flowers. It was such a fun day.We've been rather busy this year. Then again, we're always busy! We had a fun Christmas and you & Sammy got so many fun toys. You got an awesome kitchen set, some new 'My Little Ponies' and a ton of movies.
******
On January 1, 2010 you turned 4. You're 4 years old! I can't believe how fast you're growing. I blink and you're taller. I turn around and your hair is longer! Stop it! Stop growing so fast!! :-)
(sorry these pictures are blurry. we had a smudge on our camera that I didn't realize until much later!)
******
We've celebrated Sammy's 2nd birthday. You love Samuel so much. He's so blessed to have such a wonderful big sister. He loves you too. You always want to be together. You won't stay at Granny & Papa's for a sleepover unless Sammy is with you. It's fun listening to you two play & laugh together. I never got that when I was a child. Aunt Bonnie is 8 years older than me!******
(enjoying some blue water thanks to bath "zizzers"!)
******
We took a quick trip to Durham to visit Aunt Karen & Uncle Dave. You had a lot of fun. We went to see the "Squeakel", we visited Barnes & Noble, we went shopping, ate some delicious food and played with Heidi. She was a lot more calm around you guys than the last time we were there. You and Sammy slept in the guest room, Sammy on the bed and you on the air mattress. One night Daddy & I went in to check on you guys and you were laying on the foot of Sammy's bed. Not covered up, just huddled near his feet holding 'Fluffy.' It was so cute and sweet!!
******
It has snowed 4 times this year already!! You love the snow and were super excited to build a snowman and make snow angels. Not to mention you wanted to go sledding and have a snowball fight. Each snow was better than the last and you finally got your wish(es) on March 2. It was so beautiful and we had so much fun!
(eating a snowball) (heading down the hill with daddy)
******
You've really been enjoying coloring and painting with water paints. You've learned to write Mama and Baby letters. You can write your name, Sammy's name, Mama, Daddy, Jude, Love, To and From. You can count to 30 by yourself. And I've been working on teaching you to read. We need to practice this more but you're doing great. We've been planting flowers in your mini-greenhouse, jumping on the trampoline, riding bicycles and just having fun together!
******
You have been practicing typing in your phone # on our old cell phone. I really think it's important for you to know our number as well as Granny & Papa's. You've really been practicing too.
******
You're becoming so independent. A few weeks ago I put you in the bathtub to play while I did a few chores. I was finishing up the dishes and about to come wash you when you came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. You had already washed your hair, bathed, drained the water and dried off!! All by yourself!! Lately you've been doing your chores without being asked. And you've been dressing yourself too. You get your clothes without any help and for the most part you choose outfits that match :-)
I love you so much! I will write a longer letter next time but I just wanted to catch you up on what you've been up to!
With much much much much much much love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.