4.09.2009

We're Off to See...

Hey Boo,
We're off to see Uncle David & Aunt Karen and...Disney World!! We planned this vacation last year and you've been so excited since then. It's been a great way to introduce you to years, months, weeks and days. I know that those are still really big concepts but you're not doing too bad.

Anyway, you & I are both tired. But at least you're sleeping right now while I'm still running around trying to pack! You're such a cute sleeper. You start out snuggling with Lamby under the covers but you eventually wiggle out from under the comforter. I can't tell you how many times Daddy & I have covered you up and you've kicked off the comforter before we're even out the door! I normally give up and just leave you alone. Then I'll check on you when I wake up in the morning and you're back under the covers! I've watched you sit up while still completely asleep and pull your blankets over you. You're so funny.

You are "super duper" excited about Disney. We're going to Magic Kingdom so you can see Cinderella's Castle and ride the Tea Cups. You watched 'Dumbo' this past week and I told you about the Dumbo ride so you're excited about that too. But you're really really excited about Animal Kingdom which you keep calling "The Jungle." Every time we're in the car driving somewhere you start listing the animals we're going to see on the safari.
You: "And we're going to see a Melman (giraffe) and a Marty (zebra) and a Alex (lion) and a
Gloria (hippo). What else Mama?"
Mommy: "Probably monkeys and elephants."
You: " You mean like a Dumbo?"
Mommy: "Yes. Like a Dumbo. We'll probably see tigers too."
You don't reply. Probably because we haven't seen a cartoon with a tiger as one of the main characters.
You're also pretty excited about swimming too. You've been wanting to go swimming all winter. This leads to discussions about seasons and their order. But you still don't understand why you can't swim in the winter....

You've been saying some pretty funny stuff lately. The other night we were about to sit down for supper. Daddy & Samuel were already at the table and you and I were walking over when a fly (or something) flew off the table right at you. You jumped and said, "That bug startled me!" Still trying to figure out where you got that from! You & Samuel will push your plastic chairs from the kitchen table into the hallway. When you get to the hallway you'll say, "Turn around my son, we have to go back." One day he was crying and I asked you to comfort him because I was busy at the moment. You patted him on the back and said, "There there my son. It's okay." Did you get that from Daddy? He's the only one I know who calls Sammy "son."

I almost forgot... a few weeks ago we were driving down the road and I was explaining to you why I chose your name. I was trying to explain the story of Hannah from the Bible in a way that you would understand. I just simply said that Hannah was married and wanted a baby very badly. So she went to the temple and prayed to God for a baby ("God I really really want a baby and if you'll bless me with a son I'll dedicate Him to the temple so will always serve You.") The Lord was faithful and blessed Hannah with a baby boy and she named him? You couldn't guess. Samuel! Then I told you how Daddy & I wanted a baby so we prayed to God and He sent us you. You thought about that for a moment and then said, "Oh God. I really really want a baby. Please send me a baby!" So I had to think about that for a moment (and laugh about it for a few minutes) before I replied, "You do have a baby. Samuel. You can help Mommy & Daddy take care of him." You seemed happy about that.

Well, that's all for now. I love you baby! The next time I write I'll have pictures to add from Disney World!!

I love you Boo,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers