4.30.2009

Disney



Hey little Boo,
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write about our trip to Florida. We went non-stop the whole week and I feel like we might have done a little too much with you guys but you did great. We would all collapse into bed every night completely exhausted. I was worried how you were going to do in a big big bed without a safety rail but you never fell out of the bed once and slept just fine. You & Sammy loved taking a bath in the huge tub in the master bedroom. And swimming of course.
You had so much fun!! We got there Saturday night and the first thing we did was go swimming in the pool directly behind our building. You swim even better than you did last year and you haven't had lessons or anything!!
Sunday we drove over to visit Aunt Patti (Daddy's aunt) and James. David, Sarah and Destiny were there too. They made Easter dinner and then you, Samuel and Destiny hunted eggs in the back "yard". After that we just sat around and talked until we had to head back to the condo.
Monday we went to MGM/Hollywood Studios. You really liked the Muppets 3D show. But you loved the Little Mermaid show and the Beauty & the Beast show. We waited 90 minutes to ride Toy Story Midway Mania. That was a long wait but I had promised you we would ride it and I couldn't go back on my word. You really wanted to ride it. But at least the wait was inside and there were lots of things to keep you & Sammy entertained. It was a nice day and we had so much fun.
Tuesday we weren't able to go anywhere because it stormed all day and we had tornado warnings. But it was nice just hanging around the condo and spending time with Daddy.
Wednesday Dave & Karen finally arrived and we headed to Magic Kingdom. I think this was your favorite of all the Disney Parks. We had our picture made with Tigger & Pooh, we rode the Dumbo ride, the Tea Cups, Cinderella's Golden Carousel and saw the Monsters Inc. show. We did everything you had wanted to do.
Thursday was Animal Kingdom! We watched "The Bug Lifeyear Show" (It's Tough to be a Bug 3D show) and all you can talk about is how the stink bug pooted on us!! We went on an awesome safari and walked through a lot of trails. We saw gorilla's and of course a Moto-Moto (hippo). You told Granny, "And Moto-Moto was in a tank ALL by himself!!" You and Sammy got to play some African drums which was so much fun. But best of all you had your picture taken with Baloo, Mickey, Daisy and Goofy. We ended the day with "Finding Nemo the Musical." That was an awesome show and you loved it!
Friday I stayed home with Sammy because he had gotten overheated at Animal Kingdom and you went with Daddy, Aunt Karen and Uncle David to finish Magic Kingdom. You got your picture taken with the Princesses and that made me sad because I wanted to be with you when you met them. You also rode the Barnstormer...your first roller coaster! Later that afternoon Daddy came back to get Sammy & me and we all headed to Epcot. We had supper in Japan and then walked around looking at all the amazing topiaries. You found one the Stitch one and of course we had to take your picture with it. Then we rode the Finding Nemo ride and did Turtle Talk with Crush (or Underwater Crush as you call it.) Then we looked at the aquariums. You liked the manatee's and when you saw the dolphin you told Aunt Karen, "Dolphins have one nostril and I have two." You're so smart!!
You bought a stuffed Stitch (though you'd never seen the movie) and Minnie ears as your souvenirs. And I bought you a Tinkerbell Tea Set because you've been wanting a tea set forever. We've had so many tea parties since then.
You really love Uncle David. I think this might be due to the fact that he would swim with you every night and play all of your favorite games over and over again (the ones that Mommy & Daddy are so tired of!!) It was so sweet watching you two together. I'm sad that we don't get to see David & Karen often because they are awesome and I know you would have so much fun with them.
I asked you who your favorite Princess was fully expecting you to say Cinderella. It's the only Princess movie you've seen and you were so excited to see her castle. But you said, "Sleeping Beauty. Her dress matched my shoes." You also told me that you were mad because you saw Sebastian in the parade at Magic Kingdom and he didn't wave at you.
It made me want to cry sometimes just watching you have fun and doing all the things I never got to do as a child. Just seeing how excited you were and watching as you realized we were about to ride a ride that I had told you about for months. I loved every minute of it!!

I love you sweetie,
Mommy




1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers