3.01.2009

The Flu

Hey Boo,
You're a very sick little girl! You have the flu :-(
Last Monday Granny watched you while Daddy & I went bowling. We didn't know at the time that Granny had the flu and you guys were there for several hours. So this past Friday you started coughing and by the end of the day you had a fever and were really tired. As the night went on your fever got worse and by eight o'clock Saturday morning it was up to 103.1.
So Daddy & I decided that I would take you to the emergency room. They did a rapid flu test and chest x-rays because the doctor was worried that you had pneumonia as well. You cried when they did the flu test and the x-rays but I don't blame you at all. You were feverish, tired and miserable - I certainly wouldn't want anyone bothering me if I felt the way you did. So they said you didn't have pneumonia (Praise God!!) but you do have the flu.
Now you have to take medicine for your fever (cherry & grape flavored but you still don't like it) and medicine to help you get over this icky flu faster (banana flavored which you really don't like!) You're a trooper though. You haven't complained even once though I know that you have to be so miserable. You don't like your medicine but you take it without any problems :-) You have a terrible cough but you just keep on like nothing is wrong. You've been sleeping a lot but we know you need to rest so that you'll feel better faster. Thankfully you've still been eating good though and this evening you stayed up for several hours and played for a while. You've even wanted to do your chores!!
Daddy & I and so many people that love you have been praying that you'll get better quickly. You're such a little girl to have such a big sickness but I know that the Lord has His hand on you and is bringing you through this just fine.
I love you so much baby,
Mommy


Your poor little rosy cheeks...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers